Constant Issues with AX55

2024-05-26 16:26:20
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(5553)

Anyone else having issues with this router?   Seems like every day it's something new and I'm sick of it!  I have been in touch with the support team back in January because the update that I was forced to go up to (1.3.2) would not cooperate with my blink system that only has 2.4ghz capabilities.  So doing a separate IoT band for them would not allow them to connect.  After going back and forth with support they told me to downgrade back to 1.2.3.  System was running fine, now that firmware would not allow my kids' school issued chromebooks would not connect to the wifi but would connect via my hotspot.  I had no choice, I had to go up to the latest version for him to connect.  Now I'm back to square one with the blink systems not connecting and now neither of my sons' (2) xbox one series S will not connect to the wifi (both are 5ghz and 2.4ghz capable).  I'm beyond done with this damn router so I went to try and downgrade back to 1.2.3 and just let the kids hotspot my phoen for homework so that they can still get everything accomplished.  Has anyone found a decent workaround or maybe a solution to this fix?  Support has been terrible and I cannot seem to get a permanent solution to this issue.  So I'm reaching out to the community in hopes that someone has a fix or maybe a recommendation to an opensource software since tplink has not been good to me.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Constant Issues with AX55
2024-05-27 12:31:09
Having very similar issues with XE5300 mesh system, firmware 1.3..2 Build 20240119 Rel. 39178. Anything on the 2.4ghz network is unstable and constantly drops. Started in the last firmware update as far as I can tell. No interference detected, just unstable. Been working with support last two days.
Options
2024-05-27 17:02:17

@Netwerktek Let me know how your situation plays out.  I was able to get one of the two consoles to play fortnite on his xbox.  I had to do dmz and port forwarding to that console, but that doesn't solve the entire problem.  It seems like when they pushed out this 1.3.2 firmware, it appears to have overreached on security and almost nothing goes out and is super unstable as you have mentioned.  If I'm home, I can't access my cameras at all unless I disconnect from the wifi.  Really close to just cancelling my subscription with tp-link and looking into another option that is more stable and provides less issues.  I originally went with this router because they have a semi-easy to use app for my wife to turn off the wifi to the kids' devices as an option for discipline, but what's the point when they can't access the stuff they want to play.  Today I'm going to be taking my modem out of bridge mode and using that entirely until a permanent solution is in place.  

Options
2024-06-08 19:03:48

@CorruptedxDatax I was unable to resolve the issue with TP-Link for the Deco units I have. They wanted to do a remote session on my computer, install some debugging software, etc. that I wasn't comfortable with. I decided to return the units (thanks Costco) and I am currently running ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 mesh that I picked up from Amazon. Pretty solid thus far and I was able to create separate SSIDs for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 3

Related Articles