How can I hide Host Router Wifi Passwords for Range Extender RE220?

2024-06-01 01:28:48
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n (8583)

I just activated RE220. 

It required Host Router Wifi passwords (both 2.4 and 5) to be entered in order to connect. 

Both passwords are showing in clear/plain text. I did not see any option to hide. I know we could hide the SSID but why password is in plain text? Am I missing any setting to accomplish it?

Thanks,

RRRE220

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I hide Host Router Wifi Passwords for Range Extender RE220?
2024-06-02 20:51:40

@rrre220 

This should not be a problem if you're the only person who knows the RE220 admin password. This password is visible only for the RE220 administrator account.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:How can I hide Host Router Wifi Passwords for Range Extender RE220?
2024-06-02 23:01:41

@terziyski 

Thanks for the response. I found similar topic on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/comments/17tlx6r/my_wifi_password_is_visible_by_default_how_do_i/) but it does not have the proper response/solution also. Please read it.

I hope you understand my wish. If the admin logs in and there is a camera in the room, it is captured, or it is breached if anyone next to him. This feature should be enabled in tplink router/extender. In reality, the Internet basically is not 100% secured so I am not crazy about absolute security, but I am sure not many users would like to see their passwords in clear text instead of asterisks (*). The password fields actually can even be removed from that screen as not needed to be there until it needs to be modified. I hope tplink Support team will read and respond to their users' feedback like this sooner.

C:\Users\rkrao\OneDrive\Pictures\Visible Router Wifi Passwords in tplink Web Console Caption

RRRE220

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 2

Related Articles