Can't set up RE450

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't set up RE450

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't set up RE450
Can't set up RE450
2017-04-17 00:36:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have tried all three methods numerous times, using two different computers and I can't get the extender to see the router. I tried (1) WPS - from the packaged instructions, (2) WIFI - from the packaged instructions, (3) hard-wired - from this site.

With WPS - result: no solid blue light (after probably 15 tries)

With Wifi - result: no TP-Link network connection ever shows up. I have tried a dozen times on each of two computers

With hard-wired - to PC: result: not TP-Link network connection and get "site not available" when I try the configuration site. to laptop: no TP-Link network connection but I can get on the configuration site and, for the first time, get a login screen. But then it says I am not connected to the router or the internet. Well... the hard-wire instructions never tell you how to connect the RE450 to the router.

I'm dead in the water after an hour and a half of working on this.

Help?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't set up RE450
2017-04-19 05:13:27
I'd say you need to replace it. I had no issues following the included instructions for both of mine.

Word of advice: Get a different extender. :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 764

Replies: 1

Related Articles