Adjusting Range on AV500 Wifi Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-28 00:01:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Does anyone know how to adjust the range on the AV500 wifi powerline adapter? I have a separate wifi network set up where this AV500 is plugged in. When I leave that zone, my device (cell phone) wants to hang onto this network with a very poor signal instead of switching over to the stronger main wifi network. So is there a way to cut the connection sooner so that the device automatically switches? Thanks in advance!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adjusting Range on AV500 Wifi Powerline
2017-07-28 14:37:26
Do you give the same name to the 2 networks? With the same name, the phone itself will decide which one to connect. However, if you give them different names, you will be able to manually choose the one with stronger signal, though is is not convenient...
Options
Re:Adjusting Range on AV500 Wifi Powerline
2017-07-28 21:05:45
I gave it 2 separate names to be able to tell which one it is on so I am constantly manually changing it, which I want to avoid by lowering the range (or changing some other setting). If I give it the same name, will the phone pick up the stronger signal faster? My guess is no.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 2

Related Articles