Account linking with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-01 23:23:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had a TP link with Alexa connection that was working fine until several days ago. The Kasa app worked and still works fine today. I disabled the TP link skill and tried to add it back. I initially ran into a server error when I tried to enable the skill. That issue went away and I now get the email and password pop up. Problem is I can’t login using my TP link user name and password. It says user name and password invalid and yet here I am able to login to the TP link website and able to register to post on this forum. When I click on forgot password, I never get an email. Since I purchased and setup my TP link, I changed email accounts. There appears to be a disconnect between my account I used to connect TP to Alexa the first time and my current account or TP link’s forgot password system isn’t working.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Account linking with Alexa
2017-10-05 18:23:19
Is the remote control still enabled on the Kasa? you may also try to login the tplink cloud website to see whether you account works, or try to reset the password on the website: https://www.tplinkcloud.com/
Options
2017-10-06 01:01:42
To answer your question, the Kasa app works fine. The problem is the Alexa connection to Kasa.
I solved the problem by finding the original email and password. For whatever reason changing the email and password at the TP-Link website does not changed the email and password for reestablishing the connection between Alexa and my Kasa devices. Fortunately I use a password manager and just created another entry for TP-Link named “TP-Link on Alexa” with the original email and password. Somewhere there is a bug. Thanks for your assistance.
Options
2017-10-06 17:33:13
Good to know that, thanks for sharing!
Options
2022-03-03 01:08:42

@Guchaaa 

In Alexa app go to add a device select TP-Link from the drop down list select login and input email and new password, from there just follow prompts until no new device is found and you are good to go.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1582

Replies: 4

Related Articles