Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini won't turn on my fan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-01 00:08:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Purchased the Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini (HS105) to control my tower fan. It will turn it off but will not turn it on! Does anyone know what this issue e could be? If it is a compatibility issue, does anyone know which fan will work with the Smart Plug?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini won't turn on my fan
2017-11-01 09:39:57
What does your fan's on/off switch look like? Multi-position rotary switch or single "electronic" button?
Options
2017-11-01 10:02:46
smart plug can only turn the power on and off.
It can't control the device. It seems that your fan need a switch or remote controller to use it.
Options
2017-11-01 20:14:23
Here’s a quick test:- Plug in fan without module- turn on fan- unplug fan- plug in fanIf the fan is not on when you last plug it in, the module won’t work for you. The switch on most modern devices defaults to "off." A module will always turn it off, as you are removing power to the device. However, the power button must be pressed to turn on the device. Merely restoring power to the device will not turn it on. You need to press the button.
Options
thanks for the feedback
2017-11-01 20:32:58
I will test the fan as indicated. The fan has a push button (single electric) and has a remote. I knew I would not be able to change fan speeds with tp-link but am disappointed that it won't turn back on.
Thanks for the feedback!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3729

Replies: 4