Keurig

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Keurig

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Keurig
Keurig
2017-11-23 10:30:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just set up my smart plug and connected to Alexa for my Keurig. I can turn the Keurig off by both the Kasa app and Alexa but cannot turn it on. Is this due to the type of on/off switch on the Keurig? I thought if I kept it "on" from the switch itself I could control it remotely from the App or Alexa but that doesn't seem to work. Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Keurig
2017-11-24 10:39:06
Yes usually if you keep the switch on on the device, you can control it remotely from Kasa. But here's the thing, does your Keurig actually turn on when power is on? For example, we can turn on the power on a TV but we still need to press the button on a remote to actually turn it on. So if you connect the TV to the smart plug, it will just power on/off the TV, you still need to press the button on the remote control.
Options
Re:Keurig
2017-11-24 10:41:13
Yup, it’s the switch. Can’t do it. The button has to be pressed to turn it on. Your TV would do the same thing. If a device has a single button that provides both on and off capability, you can’t use a module, There are some exceptions. My dehumidifier can deal with power failures, so I can use a module to turn it back on.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 2