Alexa problem "Sorry...something's wrong...." with Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-26 23:52:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had 2 TP-Link HS-100 plugs for a while working just fine with Alexa thru the Kasa app. In the last week or so though, when I ask Alexa to turn on the fan light that is plugged in to one of them, the response is "Sorry...something's wrong. To control fan light, disable the TP Link skill and then reenable it" If I do that, it will work fine for a few hours, but at least by the next day it has disconnected again. The only thing that has changed is the additional of another TP Link plug (mini plug) just before this started happening. It is also connected to Alexa. All 3 plugs are also connected to my Ohmconnect account and work fine with that, shutting off when they should.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Alexa problem "Sorry...something's wrong...." with Kasa app
2017-11-28 17:32:21
It sounds strange, when you failed to control them via Alexa, could you control them remotely via kasa? If could, I suggest you contact with tplink support team,maybe they know what happened between your tplink devices and Alexa.
Options
2017-11-28 23:15:08
Yes...it could still be controlled thru the Kasa app.
Options
tp-link HAS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT -- SHOULD NOT BE IN RETAIL ELECTRONICS
2017-11-29 04:53:50
[/B]I bought and installed an HS100 yesterday. I have an Echo. the tp-link site would not accept my password: "Invalid password", after I'd registered.
I bought your device to control a lamp with Alexa. The only thing stopping me is[B] YOU
, YOUR support site which sends automated emails promising
follow up but delivering none. The quick start guide has a broken link for 'help' on pairing with amazon Alexa.

Support doesn't respond, wrong phone number provided ( no call transfer possible from the 'wrong' "customer service"), broken links, no email all
because YOUR LOG IN doesn't work! You haVe no business in the consumer products universe: you have no concept4 how to deal with customers.

'suggest you contact with tplink support team' is worth very little on 11/28/17 in my view. Next to nothing.
Options
2017-12-11 01:15:33
I have the same issue. I moved my router to a central location a few days ago. Router was off for maybe 5 minutes. After the move all 3 Echo Dots would not connect. Got that resolved using the 2 finger salute reset. now I cannot voice control my HS-100. I can turn it on/off in the Alexa app and the Kassa app. when I voice commend I get "Sorry...something's wrong. To control Bla Bla Bla, disable the TP Link skill and then re-enable it" Well been there and done that......many times.
Options
2017-12-16 00:49:54
Ok. Finally found that someone...My Wife....added another account to Alexa. That account had no access to the Kassa app. Switched back to the account used during setup and works now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1622

Replies: 5

Related Articles