Flashing light on smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-28 13:30:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The documents that came with my Smart Plug (model HS100) tells me what the light combinations mean except for the combo mine has. It is flashing red and green (not Amber and green). I am having issues getting this thing set up. I have an Amazon Echo and when I try to enable the skill it asks me to sign in to my TP-link account to allow access. It will not accept my sign on. It says the account doesn't exist. I can't figure that out either.
Amazon doesn't has a Kasa app available from their app store and Google Play is not available on Kindle. I have the WEMO app that says it supports TP-link but it will not "find" the smart plug. I've tried everything I know so please help.
Thanks
Brenda1965
Options
6 Reply
Re:Flashing light on smart plug
2017-11-28 16:56:47
Can you control your smart plug remotely via kasa?You should enable remote control first before making kasa work with Amazon or Google.
Options
2017-11-29 13:33:12
I use a Kindle which cannot access Google Play. The Amazon app store does not have the Kasa app.
Options
2017-11-29 18:54:51
The kasa doesn't support Kindle. Obviously you cannot find Kasa app on Amazon store.
Also, http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-944.html for reference. I think the first thing you can do is to install kasa APP, it only support Android and IOS.
Options
2017-11-30 01:52:33
That WemoHome app is mine, and that's correct, it cannot find the TP Link until it's connected to your wifi network. And you can only connect it to your wifi network using the Kasa app. Perhaps you can borrow an android or iphone temporarily for the setup?
Options
Still having issues
2017-11-30 05:53:40
Ok, I wasn't thinking about my phone. I have the Kasa app installed but it gets to the screen that asks to name the device. I enter a name and when I hit next a window pops up saying: "We need your help to continue setup. Go to your phone's wi fi network list and connect to your null. Return to Kasa to continue setup". I have no idea what this means . What is my null? I see the TP-Link_Smart Plug_xxxx but it keeps saying there is no internet available when clearly there is. This is very frustrating and should not be this difficult.
Options
Update
2017-11-30 06:54:50

Brenda1965 wrote

Ok, I wasn't thinking about my phone. I have the Kasa app installed but it gets to the screen that asks to name the device. I enter a name and when I hit next a window pops up saying: "We need your help to continue setup. Go to your phone's wi fi network list and connect to your null. Return to Kasa to continue setup". I have no idea what this means . What is my null? I see the TP-Link_Smart Plug_xxxx but it keeps saying there is no internet available when clearly there is. This is very frustrating and should not be this difficult.

I figured it out. My security system was blocking the network because it's not secure. Once I unblocked it I was able to finish the set up. Sorry for the trouble. As you can tell I'm not tech savvy in the least.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2765

Replies: 6

Related Articles