HS200 - Weird Wiring Uncovered!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-30 07:17:25
Model : HS200

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : RCN

I have a 3 gang switch in my garage. There is one double pole and two single poles. I was hooking up the HS200 to one of the single poles. The connections were all set, but when I hit the switch, the light went out immediately and rebooted (it would drop off the app and eventually pick up the wireless again).

When I looked closer, the lead from the double pole is one of the leads to the single pole. When the house was wired, it appears the double gang is chained to the single gang.

My question is more on the electric side - can I just add another lead from the single pole lead or does the double pole require it to be chained this way? The single pole and double pole do not control the same lights.

Any help would be appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 - Weird Wiring Uncovered!
2017-12-01 08:39:20
I'd need a diagram to be certain. In general you can use any available power and neutral line to run the HS200. Shutting off immediately when the load is powered on usually means the neutral line isn't correct.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 1