Smart Switch HS200 turns itself off!!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-01 04:11:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, to anyone can help, wish everyone a great holiday!!

I just purchased this smart switch on 11-28-2017 from bestbuy.

connected all 4 wires, green to green, white to white and black to black. all color code matched.

tried turn on the light, light bud flash on and went off immediately. The SWITCH had the orange wifi logo display for about 3 seconds and went back to normal just the white circle.

I can repeated the same action whether from my app or the physical switch, light bud will flash on and turns off, switch will show orange signal briefly and went back normal.

What am i missing? HELP PLEASE!!!!
Options
10 Reply
Re:Smart Switch HS200 turns itself off!!!!
2017-12-17 00:54:33
I have two switches installed for different lights. One switch controls an outlet and works just fine; the other controls track lights with 5 LED bulbs and has the same problem. I would love to see a solution.
Options
2017-12-17 05:10:11
I too have a similar issue,

I wired the switch up, went through the setup process and added the switch to Kasa. when I turn the switch on the light comes on briefly for a moment then goes out and the switch seems to freeze

I am pretty sure it is a wiring issue. I had 2 sets of neutral whires in the box, There is a single neutral that was capped so I tried that one. There is also another 2 white wires that go into the same cap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Options
2017-12-17 05:46:38
It is almost certainly a wiring issue. Usually it's that you're not using the proper neutral wire, but it can also be that it's power through fixture wiring and the switch will not work there. You may want to consult with an electrician as wiring colors do not necessarily correspond.
Options
2017-12-17 05:50:29

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

It is almost certainly a wiring issue. Usually it's that you're not using the proper neutral wire, but it can also be that it's power through fixture wiring and the switch will not work there. You may want to consult with an electrician as wiring colors do not necessarily correspond.

Thank you,

After doing some further reading I am going to try again tomorrow
Options
2017-12-17 11:48:45
Similar issues, the switch was working, however, its now stuck in a reboot cycle. Turns on/off every 1-2 sec, also reboot with a click, so pretty much clicking with LED going on and off. I've setup couple of other switchesthey work fine and wiring appears to be alright. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks
Options
2017-12-18 00:05:53

axar wrote

Similar issues, the switch was working, however, its now stuck in a reboot cycle. Turns on/off every 1-2 sec, also reboot with a click, so pretty much clicking with LED going on and off. I've setup couple of other switchesthey work fine and wiring appears to be alright. Is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Issue resolved, the Neutral wire wasn' tight enough.
Options
2017-12-18 01:26:15
If you didn't change the wiring then it sounds broken to me rather than this problem. If you did change the wiring (or if the neutral line worked loose) it may be the same problem, perhaps the cycling caused by the default being set to "on" after a power loss/reboot? (I don't use the kasa app much so I'm not sure that's an option).
Options
2017-12-18 06:54:57

Richdem wrote

Thank you,

After doing some further reading I am going to try again tomorrow

I re wired the switch using the other neutral in the box and everything works OK. Went and grabbed another as they are on sale
Options
2017-12-19 00:08:37

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

If you didn't change the wiring then it sounds broken to me rather than this problem. If you did change the wiring (or if the neutral line worked loose) it may be the same problem, perhaps the cycling caused by the default being set to "on" after a power loss/reboot? (I don't use the kasa app much so I'm not sure that's an option).
100% my fault it seems. I added some tape around the nut and light have loosen up the wires. That being said..there has to some push wire in options here..there simply isn't any space in any of my switch boxes, there are damn too many wires; especially if you ever try to add multiple switches there is no way it's going to fit. One of my box is jam packed and couldn't even get the switch to fully sit. I even trimmed the wires a bit but this is a genuine problem.
Options
2022-01-11 15:41:36

Search wifi signal & connect with kasa wifi switch. Then after kasa app will ask you connect with home wifi network. Then fill password home wifi . You would be set

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7781

Replies: 10

Related Articles