HS100 Setup Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 Setup Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS100 Setup Issue
HS100 Setup Issue
2017-12-04 07:38:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Been having trouble all afternoon trying to get my new HS100 working. I have the Kasa app installed on my Android cell phone. At the current point, I have unplugged and re-plugged in the SmartPlug device, and restarted the mobile device, and launched the Kasa app.

The HS100 is alternately flashing amber and green, and the Kasa app is displaying this message: "We Need your Help to Continue Setup. Go to your phone's Wi-Fi network list and connect to your null. Return to Kasa to continue setup. [Open Settings]"

So I press Open Settings, which brings me to my Wi-Fi network list. I assume that "null" in the message above refers to the network called "TP-LINK_Smart Plug_1233". So I select that and press [Connect]. But it always fails to connect, even when signal strength is strong, and falls back to my FIOS router's wireless network.

After lots of furious screen pressing on my mobile device, I come to the screen where I got stuck earlier today in the SmartPlug setup, called "Device Name." After about a minute watching a "Saving" message with a spinner, I get the "We Need your Help" message again.

I need your help!

Thanks...

Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 Setup Issue
2017-12-05 16:08:49
Can your smartphone be assigned with IP address when you connect to the plug? Have you tried with another phone?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 1

Related Articles