Problems accessing WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems accessing WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problems accessing WiFi
Problems accessing WiFi
2017-12-24 07:56:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a variety of devices linked via Kasa and never had trouble with previous set-ups, including smart plug minis, but they are giving me fits right now.

I have been trying to connect several new ones and I'm experiencing the same issue on all.

I can get through the setup process until the very end, when I receive the normal "Almost done, we're connecting to your Wi-Fi" message. It NEVER can connect. I've verified it's attempting to connecting to the correct one. I've reset the plugs multiple times. I'm sick of messing with them at this point.

Any ideas?

My other plugs/items are working with no problems.
Options
12 Reply
Re:Problems accessing WiFi
2017-12-27 19:13:31
All the new ones are with the problem? Have you made any changes on the router? I suggest to reset one of the old one to see if it can reconfigure successfully.
Options
2017-12-27 19:14:48
1. Make sure you have entered the correct password. Forget home wifi on phone and reconnect to check.
2. Change your router's wifi settings, such as changing wifi security or channel.
3. If still no use, call support. Maybe your device need an update.
Options
2017-12-28 02:00:58
Good questions. My other Kasa products work, including one mini plug. I can't get anything new to connect. Haven't changed WiFi password, haven't changed router or anything else.
Options
Same Problem Here
2017-12-29 07:31:01

JaneJetson wrote

Good questions. My other Kasa products work, including one mini plug. I can't get anything new to connect. Haven't changed WiFi password, haven't changed router or anything else.

I'm having the exact same issue here. I wonder if the TP-Link servers cannot keep up with the traffic from all of the smart plugs given as Christmas gifts??? I'm going to try again late this evening when there should be less traffic.
Options
2017-12-30 07:14:13
Same problem. I got a 2-pack of HS105 today from Amazon. Installed first one on a lamp, no problem. Second one, the Kasa app finds the Plugs wifi address, and I change to that address in Settings, then I return to the Kasa app. I enter my wifi and password, but it won't connect to the plug.
Options
2017-12-30 11:38:10
We are having a similar problem. We were able to setup 2 of our smart plugs, but the other 3 are getting the message saying the installation failed. Has anyone found a resolution to this?
Options
Solved???
2017-12-31 00:44:03
I think the problem is on TP-LINK'S end. After a few hours I was going to try the setup again & after launchingthe app I noticed it already had my outlet successfully setup.
Options
2017-12-31 13:08:55
I'm having the same issue it goes through the setup process and at the end it says it can't connect to device... Very frustrating. Are there any updates on the next steps to try and resolve this?
Options
2017-12-31 21:22:48
Is there a resolution to this? HS100 runs through the connection process, then tells me my wifi password is wrong. It isn't wrong.

Tried setting it up by installing the app on another phone, but this one won't even find the plug when trying to install.

Complete waste of money and will be sending this piece of tosh back if I can't sort in the next couple of days.
Options
2018-01-01 00:05:47
Yeah same result for me I woke up this morning and mine was connected as well... Must be on their end.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 12

Related Articles