iphone won't connect back to home wi-fi network during configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-27 06:38:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to setup the Smart Wi-Fi plug and keep getting caught in the following steps:
1. My iphone is initally connected to my home wireless network
2. I plug in the smart plug and connect to its network.
3. I configure the smart plug including the information about my home wi-fi.
4. When my iphone tries to connect back to my home wi-fi it fails constantly with a 'bad password'. This also causes the smart plug setup to fail.
5. The only way to get my iphone to connect back to my home wi-fi is to reboot it.

I then have to run through the setup again. I repeat steps 1-5 and always end up the same spot.
Anyone else having a similar issue?
Options
2 Reply
Re:iphone won't connect back to home wi-fi network during configuration
2017-12-27 18:48:04
My suggestions:
1. forget your wifi on iphone, then reconnect to check you have correct password.
2. when to final step of configuration, if plug's wifi LED gets green, that means successfully connected. Manually connect your iphone to home wifi, try log out and log in back kasa.
3. If plug's wifi LED is still flashing amber and green, that means fail down, you can try to change the router's wifi security and channel.
Options
Re:iphone won't connect back to home wi-fi network during configuration
2017-12-28 03:44:27
A bit more info:
If I unplug the smart plug for a minute, then my phone can connect back to my home wireless. It is almost as of the smart plug is causing some interference.
Options