I will never buy another tp-link product again!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-29 10:09:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TP-LINK PRODUCT AGAIN!!!Bought a few TP-Link Bulbs and I’ll be returning them because the crappy KASA app doesn’t allow me to enter my non-broadcasted SSID without a password.It shouldn’t be TP-Link’s concern that my network is setup without a password. My SSID isn’t being broadcasted so you have to know my SSID in order to join the network.I have a dozen other projects connected to my network this way with no problem and my network has been setup the same way for 15 years.Amazon Alexa products don’t concern themselves with MY network security and iHome and WeMo doesn’t either. WTF makes TP-Link so f’n special. Nothing!And, registering for this form was rediculous. I took me four attempts because of the question “What County were you born in (option)?” Which I thought was optional, but it was required and when I didn’t answer it erroneously told me that I answered another question incorrectly and unchecked the “I agree” and wiped out my password.
Options
4 Reply
Re:I will never buy another tp-link product again!!!
2017-12-30 00:27:01
I can understand your frustration and agree with your point that your security settings shouldn't be TP Links concern. OTOH I can empathize with TP Link in that testing obscure (and pointless) wifi configurations is not an effective use of development resources. If you're running without a password why are you bothering to hide your SSID? It takes about 3 seconds to find your hidden SSID and join your network - technology has come a long way in the last 15 years.
Options
2017-12-31 01:47:24

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

OTOH I can emphasize with TP Link in that testing obscure (and pointless) wifi configurations is not an effective use of development resources.
Not entering a password isn’t “obscure” it’s an OPTION. The obscurity is with TP-Link and the fact that they recently removed the option. Until recently the option existed and the development resources chose to waist their precious time removing the option, making TP-Link completely unusable for anyone who chose to use this OPTION.Every device I have connected to my network allows me to connect without a password. TP-Link bulbs are the first devices I’ve purchased that don’t allow me to connect to my network.The following is a list of devices currently connected to my network without a problem. Sony smart TVRoku TVRoku SickAmazon Fire Stick3 Laptop computers2 Wireless printersPS3PS42 iPads2 Amazon Fire tabletsMany cell phonesWeMo devicesiHome devicesAmazon Alexa Echo and several DotsSo, again, TP-Link is the obscurity here.
If you're running without a password why are you bothering to hide your SSID? It takes about 3 seconds to find your hidden SSID and join your network - technology has come a long way in the last 15 years.
Again, my security isn’t anyone’s concern but my own. No one can access my network and I have it under control.
Options
2021-01-23 10:58:19 - last edited 2021-01-23 10:59:06

Same "I will never buy another tp-link product again!!!".

Had to deal with TP Link smart plug P100. Changed the router, restarted and reset multiple times. Reinstalled TAPO app. 1 hour later restarted my phone and it helped. Seriously 1 hour just to pair a device. Why is this even imported in EU? It's not tested and it is substandard quality. 

Another issue caused me +1 hour - scheduling didn't work!

I trusted TP-Link before while their routers and switches were easy to configure, unlike over bloated and overpriced CISCO, but after dealing with smart plugs. Good bye TP-link. 

Had a TP-link wi-fi antenna Archer T2UH AC600 High gain. That had issues with randomly switching itself off and on. Wasn't the USB port it was plugged in since I plugged diff devices into the same USB port and they worked fine. Tada!

Options
2021-05-25 03:54:08

You might want to try a TP-LINK AC1900 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router (Archer C9).  I purchased one for my mom and it has a 2 year warranty.  I still like my R7000 but the Archer C9 is working fine.

How to do a love spell

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1060

Replies: 4