HS100 No SSID at set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS100 No SSID at set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS100 No SSID at set up
HS100 No SSID at set up
2018-01-05 00:04:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've got 2 of these plugs and both set up fine originally. I recently change some things so I no longer need both plugs so I planned to give one to my parents. I took it to there house and Did the factory reset ( held the button till rapid flash etc) installed the app on his phone went through the set up got as far as tying to connect to the tp-smart plug-xxxx network in order to set the local wireless network. Surprise no tp-smartplug-xxx ever showed up. I tried the reset again still nothing. oddly I took the plug back home and went through the process and it worked fine there:confused: returned to his house and again no ssid!? any ideas
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS100 No SSID at set up
2018-01-08 18:45:53
With same smartphone? Is there any interference souce nearby?
Options
Re:HS100 No SSID at set up
2018-01-09 00:17:46
Tried with 2 different phones. same result. there has to be something causing interference, I set it out in the garage and its fine, Also had the same issue with an Arvin smart light switch. No idea what could be the source.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 2