Two HS100 smart plus installed, using Google Home Mini to turn lights off and on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two HS100 smart plus installed, using Google Home Mini to turn lights off and on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-18 08:06:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two smart plugs installed. There are two lamps plugged into one smart plug, using a splitter ( named both lamps in Kasa); and a single lamp ( named little lamp in Kasa) plugged into the other smart plug. In the Kasa app they are shown separately. I can turn them off and on using the app. I'm trying to use Google Home Mini to turn the lights on and off. When I tell the mini to turn on both lamps, all three lamps come on, So then I have to ask the mini to turn off the little lamp. It then turns off the little lamp. The mini will turn on the little lamp and not both lamps. Both smart plugs are connected to my router. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Two HS100 smart plus installed, using Google Home Mini to turn lights off and on
2018-01-22 10:21:29
Try renaming "both lamps" to some other name that might avoid confusing Google Home Mini with the word "both". I think Google Home Mini is probably having trouble parsing your order when the term "both" is in the name of your switch. Just a guess. Good luck.
Options
2018-01-23 02:26:17
I renamed "both lamps" to "two lights". Works like a charm! Thanks for your suggestion!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 690

Replies: 2