No power after turning on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-02 05:32:04
Model : HS100

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After I turn the plug on, it will only provide power to the device for a split second before dying. The plug had been working properly for around one month but now has developed problems. Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:No power after turning on
2018-02-04 09:44:20
I'm having a similar issue.

I was using the HS100 for a month or so without any issues. Subsequently, it developed intermittent WiFi connection issues even though nothing in the network changed. I got frustrated and removed the plug from use for some weeks.

Yesterday, I installed the smart plug near my router and upgraded the firmware to 1.2.xx (can't remember exactly). The firmware upgrade was successful and worked throughout the day. At night, I moved the smart plug to another power point, and I can't turn on the smart plug at all since. Argh!
Options
I have the same issue
2018-02-06 14:00:09
The device worked perfectly for the first week and the suddenly it stopped working, I have the exact same issue when I activate the device it outputs power for a split second and then nothing at all. I believe the relay must be damaged or something I guess its a factory defect.
Options
Re:No power after turning on
2018-02-08 05:10:15
Also having the same problem. What were you all switching? I was switching a 1500 W space heater. This reddit post links to an Amazon review with more information from TP Link. IMO, stating 15 A load without qualifier is a dangerous mistake by TP Link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/5mlgps/newbie_what_smart_plugs_can_accommodate_a_space/
Options