HS-210 3-way switch "toggles" between on and off, each time turned "on" via app. "off" does nothing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS-210 3-way switch "toggles" between on and off, each time turned "on" via app. "off" does nothing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-14 08:39:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have three 3-way light circuits, each with just one HS-210 installed (the second switch in each circuit was left original).
Two of the circuits work correctly, so I expect I'm installing them correctly (plus I'm and EE).

The third circuit does not work correctly (at least with the app).
The switch does work correctly when pressed manually. Each press toggles between on and off, as it should.
However, when controlling with the app, each time the app says "on", whether by pushing the apps button, or by scheduled "on" event, the actual lights change state (switches on, if originally off, or switches off, if originally on). So, the app may show that the light is "on", when actually it is off. Turning the switch to "off" via the app, does nothing (light remains on, if already on).

Pretty sure that it's wired up right. It probably has to be, in order the the manual control to be working correctly.

I've factory reset the device and reinstalled. No change.

Any ideas?
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS-210 3-way switch "toggles" between on and off, each time turned "on" via app. "off" does nothing.
2018-03-08 17:58:57
I think you can email tplink support. It seems the switch has some problem with the app.
Options
Re:HS-210 3-way switch "toggles" between on and off, each time turned "on" via app. "off" does nothing.
2021-07-08 16:05:01 - last edited 2021-07-08 16:09:31

@Daryl Anderson 

I'm also a EE, have wired about 7 HS switches, and have one with an identical problem.

I have the HS210 (HW 2.0, FW 1.1.5) connected to the hot end of the 3-way circuit, and when I manually operate the HS210 switch, it operates correctly (lights toggle on and off), and the other switch operates correctly too. 

The problem is when I use the Kasa app, it takes two operations of the app to toggle the switch. 

1. Press button in app -> Light turns On and shows On in the app, and I hear a click from the switch
2. Press button in app -> Light remains On, but shows Off in the app.
3. Press button in app -> Light turns Off, but shows On in the app, and I hear a click from the switch
4. Press button in app -> Light remains Off, shows Off in the app
5. Press button in app -> Light turns On and shows On in the app, and I hear a click from the switch

I have other HS210s installed with the same hardware and firmware and they work fine, and I have older HS210s (HW 1.0, FW 1.5.8) and they also work fine. It's only this one switch. It's connected to 6 LED ceiling lights, so I don't know if that's the issue. I've tried resetting and factory resetting this switch and there's no change

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1140

Replies: 2

Related Articles