Mass Kasa Outtage on All Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-05 01:38:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have verified with Amazon Alexa support that all Kasa devices are inoperable on Alexa today. They do not yet know if it is a mass failure at TP-Link servers or a flaw in their last software updates. I want to know why TPlink has not made any public announcement, has not fixed this, and when it will be fixed.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Mass Kasa Outtage on All Devices
2018-03-06 14:08:17
Is it fixed? Mine Kasa is still working. Do you have any error message on Alexa?
Options
Alexa not recognizing TP Link
2018-03-09 07:53:45
Alexa was recognizing my two tp link plugs, but after the update Alexa stops recognizing them, yet the Kasa app does work, it definitely has to be the firmware update. I tried reinstalling plugs, tried disabling and enable via Alexa app, nothing has worked.
They were working until the firmware update, these are not useless to me.
Not happy.
Options
Re:Mass Kasa Outtage on All Devices
2018-03-09 14:32:36
When you ask Alexa to discover devices, what does Alexa respond? Make sure remote control is enabled on the kasa app. Disable and enable kasa skill on Alexa app. And manually click discover devices if voice control didn't work. BTW, what's the firmware version of your plugs?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 3