HS210 - One switch powers off, becomes unusable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-15 23:04:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : HS210

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : AT&T DSL

Setup: (s# = smart, m# = manual)
1 switch in a 1 gang box,
has black common wire, 1 red and 1 black traveler wire, white neutral wire, and a ground wire (Switch s1, replaced Switch m1)
1 switch in a 4 gang box,
has black common wire, 1 red and 1 black traveler wire, white neutral wire, and a ground wire (Switch s2, replaced Switch m2)

I installed both switches from the set, matched up the wires correctly, and everything works from Switch s1, both manually and via the app. However, if Switch s1 is off, Switch s2 powers off completely and can't even be turned on manually or via the app.
I also tried a single switch install of just Switch s1, and left the original switch as Switch m2. In this case, is switch m2 is off, Switch s1 cannot be turned on manually or via the app.. However is switch m2 is on, switch s1 can turn the lights manually and via the app.

What am I doing wrong here? My understanding is that I should be able to control the lights manually from both Switch s1 and Switch s2.
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 - One switch powers off, becomes unusable.
2018-05-24 22:32:46
Exact same problem here. I replaced two 3 way switches with two of the HS210 smart switches. I identified the load/line from each original switch and attached to black screw of the HS210. The two other wires from the original were the travelers, and I attached each to a traveler screw. Plain copper wire I attached to HS210 green wire. Neutral was attached to HS210 white neutral. Both switches set up nicely. HOWEVER, when switch 1 is on...switch 2 looses all power. When I reboot switch 2 and manually turn on, light goes on, the IMMEDIATELY shuts off, causing switch 2 to then reboot itself. I re installed both again from scratch.I'm heading back to Best Buy to replace the HS210 Kit with a new one. Is there a known problem with this situation??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1