All TP-Link Devices "Unreachable" for Several Minutes at Kasa App Startup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-24 08:10:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had a single HS100 plug for a while and it worked great. Then I added two more and a smart bulb... that's when the trouble began. When I start the app, all are unreachable (dimmed out) for anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes. Makes turning on/off a light a useless thing. All the firmware is up to date and I have the latest app version. They are all on the same network and the signal strength is good. The thing is, they are ALL dimmed out, then they ALL come "online" at the exact same time. So they aren't popping on one at a time... all at once. This same thing happens with my wife's iPhone. Tech support hasn't been helpful. Anyone else run into this? I'm frustrated after investing some money in their infrastructure.Thanks
Options
4 Reply
Re:All TP-Link Devices "Unreachable" for Several Minutes at Kasa App Startup
2018-05-24 14:57:51
Have you restarted them? If all of them are out of control from kasa even locally, you may need to reset them. PS: you didn't get any valuable help from Tech support? It's better to ask further help from their side.
Options
2018-05-24 19:02:13
Restart them as in unplug and replug? Or do a total uninstall reset?
Options
2018-06-06 16:01:44

goomazegom wrote

Restart them as in unplug and replug? Or do a total uninstall reset?

Restart: unplug and replug
Options
2020-08-03 06:53:41

@uutommi My device says it's unreachable and I'm hundreds of miles away from home. So unrealiable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2568

Replies: 4