Kasa Cam KC120 Possible to see live view in a web browser?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-28 23:39:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Kasa Cam KC120. Setup works fine with the Android app and all works well. However, I cannot find any way to see the live view on a web browser. Is it possible to do this or can the live view only be seen with my Android phone?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Cam KC120 Possible to see live view in a web browser?
2018-05-29 09:35:18
It does not support web browser and we can only view it by phone with kasa app.
Options
2019-11-01 19:45:08

We have a few TP-Link cameras and were looking for a way to stream them to HTML5 tag with minimal latency. So we explored WebRTC options and tested Webcall Server and Unreal Media Server, and found the latency to be stable 0.5 sec, which is good for us.

However, the audio needs to be transcoded from AAC to Opus. Hence the feature request - any plans to support Opus encoding in hardware/firmware?

Options
2019-11-25 17:36:12

@SteveFox How did you manage to set this up?

SteveFox wrote

We have a few TP-Link cameras and were looking for a way to stream them to HTML5 tag with minimal latency. So we explored WebRTC options and tested Webcall Server and Unreal Media Server, and found the latency to be stable 0.5 sec, which is good for us.

However, the audio needs to be transcoded from AAC to Opus. Hence the feature request - any plans to support Opus encoding in hardware/firmware?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 7789

Replies: 3