Kasa App Quick Switch Widget

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-06 02:57:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I wish the Kasa app would let you create a single 1x1 Android Widget to turn on a single light.
Then be able to create as many of those as I want.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa App Quick Switch Widget
2019-03-22 12:10:57

I would like to second this request.  In particular, I recommend an "emergency button" that turns on all of the lights, or at least, a subset the user can define.  Right now, to turn on the lights I have to load the Kasa app and wait several seconds before it can be used.  During a home invasion or other emergency, we would want something more responsive.  I expect that a widget would launch immediately, or at least, much faster.

Options
2019-03-27 00:54:41

@Player433 

@Gregg 

You can do that. You will need to create a scene in the Kasa app which will have the smart devices do what you want (all on or all off). When you then select the Kasa widget and you see the various ones we have, move to the next page and you will see the 1x1. You would select that one scene you created to have all the devices perform which ever action you want without needing to open Kasa.

Options
2021-04-18 12:20:08

@Tony 

Why in the world isn't there a toggle option then? Scene either turns something on or off. I just want a single 1x1 icon to toggle a lamp, regardless of what state it's currently in. Tried Teckin and Kasa outlets. 6 different apps. Why is this unbelievably obvious interaction not possible. I guess I'll just move the lamp to where I can reach it again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 752

Replies: 3