HS100 "____ time not sync" error? Wiped schedules and refuses to rebuild

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-13 22:51:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an HS100 that I use with local control only, configured through Kasa running on iPhones. This morning I discovered it had erased all of its scheduled events, though the bulb was still ID'd correctly and I still could on/off it through the app. I suspect the app may have updated itself overnight. I attempted to rebuild the schedule, but the app says "___ time not sync" in a grey box when I attempt to click SAVE. I have used the underscore because it seems there is a word missing from the message--it's offset to the right of the grey box. I removed and reinstalled Kasa, and it successfully found the smart outlet, still ID'd correctly, but the problem was unchanged. I have searched here with that phrase and come up empty-handed. Anyone know what's up?

Options
6 Reply
Re:HS100 "____ time not sync" error? Wiped schedules and refuses to rebuild
2018-06-14 16:44:39
Check whether the Device Time is the same as your smart phone.
If it's not, go to Home page and click on menu on the left top.
Go to Settings and click Location & Time to sync your time zone.
Options
2018-06-15 08:30:06
That was the answer. I don't know why it got confused to begin with... but I set it to EST and it not only functions, it remembered the schedules from before.

Thanks.
Options
2018-08-09 08:57:18
My HS200s get into this state ever few days. The easiest way to get the schedule back is to go to the time zone setting. Its always set on the right time zone which is misleading. click on another time zone. then click back to the correct time zone. this will restore the visibility of your schedules. Note, the device times you see in their own settings may be in accurate.
Options
2018-08-09 20:51:10
All my device (7 smart switch and plug) are doing that after a power outage. followed STEVE300 procedure and work perfectly. But what i want to say here is PLEASE TP-LINK , BRING A SOLUTION ON THAT.
Options
2020-05-31 01:19:29 - last edited 2020-05-31 01:21:07

@maxinike  In 2020 I'm still experiencing this issue; TPLink should really fix this. Or should I look to another company for a product without this issue?

Options
2020-12-14 03:24:34

@ldeikis I had the same issue, after removing the hs100 from Kasa and adding it back the time and date started syncing properly now.  Hope this helps.

ldeikis wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an HS100 that I use with local control only, configured through Kasa running on iPhones. This morning I discovered it had erased all of its scheduled events, though the bulb was still ID'd correctly and I still could on/off it through the app. I suspect the app may have updated itself overnight. I attempted to rebuild the schedule, but the app says "___ time not sync" in a grey box when I attempt to click SAVE. I have used the underscore because it seems there is a word missing from the message--it's offset to the right of the grey box. I removed and reinstalled Kasa, and it successfully found the smart outlet, still ID'd correctly, but the problem was unchanged. I have searched here with that phrase and come up empty-handed. Anyone know what's up?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3661

Replies: 6