TP-Link HS210 smart switch powers itself off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-21 07:24:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[FONT=inherit]Disclaimer: this is my first electrical endeavor.[/FONT]
I installed my first 3-way TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch yesterday. The first one installed perfectly. The second one also installed perfectly but I didn't do it at the same time and had accidentally put them as separate devices within my Kasa app. To get them configured back as being a pair for the same device, I had to 'reset' them to configure it again with the app.
First one reset correctly and went back to the wifi pairing mode. The second one wouldn't reset and I noticed it wasn't showing a light anymore. I figured the wires must have messed up when put the wall plate back on (it was a tight fit for all the wires), so I opened it back up, checked all the wires, but everything was fine. Now, [FONT=inherit]when I turn back on the power, the yellow wifi light on the switch blinks and then goes out. Reset and restart buttons do nothing.[/FONT]
The switch has 2 black wires (1 common), 1 green ground, 1 white neutral, and 1 red traveler.
I disconnected the neutral and flipped the power breaker back on, and there was no light at all. Rewired the neutral, flipped the power breaker, and again the light just blinks on the switch and goes out. Any idea?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1637

Replies: 0

Related Articles