HS105 WiFi Dropping may be fixed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-15 19:51:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been working with TP-Link support and engineering over the past couple of months on this issue. About 2 weeks ago, they gave me a beta firmware drop to test on my HS105s. I upgraded all but one, and the newly upgraded units have been stable ever since, with the one that I left on the production firmware consistently dropping.

I narrowed it down to the DHCP renewal process. Even though I set up the plugs to have a reserved address on my router, after the lease time expired, the plug would hang during the renewal. The DORA would start, and appear to complete, based on my router logs, but for whatever reason, when the ACK was sent from the plug, it never renewed it internally on it's wlan0 interface. Without a method to statically assign an address on the plug itself, this would repeat every 24hrs (my DHCP lease period).

Hopefully, they make an update to the production firmware with whatever fix they put into the beta they sent to me.

And, before you ask, no, I can't share/send it. They haven't explicitly told me that, but they probably don't want to have too many copies of it floating around out there. I'm posting this as an FYI for those HS105 users that have had this problem and are hoping for a fix.
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS105 WiFi Dropping may be fixed
2018-09-26 12:59:19
good day
Options
2018-10-14 15:51:46
Wish your problem will soon be resolved
Options
2018-12-26 23:25:51

Do you know if the beta you tested has been released? And do you happen to know the firmware version number they assigned to it?

Options
2018-12-29 22:18:59

I’m also interested in beta firmware that may fix the network/router disconnecting issue. Please share more info...!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1593

Replies: 4