HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
158 Reply
Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2021-12-07 18:28:03

1.  Device Model (4 devices)

1. HS103

2. HS103

3. HS103

4. HS103

2.  Model Version

1. 3.0

2. 3.0

3. 2.1

4. 2.1

3.  Firmware Version

1. 1.0.4

2. 1.0.4

3. 1.1.4

4. 1.1.4

4.  Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app

Yes for all

5.  Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App

Yes for all

6.  Any error message you receive from Alexa

Alexa just says unable to communicate.  I tried to disable the skill and reenable the skill but when I try to link my account it says unable to link.  I know one time Alexa gave an error about there being an issue with KASA and that they had been contacted but I can find nothing online about there being a known system issue.

Options
2021-12-07 18:55:54

@Carl 

Device Model: HS100

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I've got a few smart device switches not working but that is one of them. I can control with Kasa app but not on Amazon app.

Jack

Options
2021-12-07 19:22:30
I have all mini smart plugs not responding with ALEXA but can turn off from Kasa link - Alexa telling me there is an issue with TP inet link
Options
2021-12-07 19:29:27

Looks like this is the general post to send complaints to TP Link.... but I'm unsure if the problem lies with TP Link or with Amazon.

Same as other most recent posts. I have 4 EP10 plugs. All work fine with Kasa app. None work with Alexa anymore. Happened sometime after 2 AM on 12/7/21, as my Alexa routine to turn off some lights at 2 AM worked.

Kasa EP10

US/1.8 (from back of plug)

Hardware 1.0 (from Kasa app)

Firmware 1.0.2 (from Kasa app)

Going to try removing the devices from Alexa app.

Options
2021-12-07 20:02:25

@Carl 

1. Both HS103 and HS100 smart plugs Multiple ones.

2, Hardware version is 2.1 on the HS103 and 1.0 on the HS103

3. FIrmware is 1.2.6 on HS100 and 1.1.4 on HS103

4. I can work both from the Kasa app on my home network

5. I can work both from my cell phone on a different network

6. Alexa told me there was a problem with the Kasa/TPlink access and it was notifying Kasa/TPlink.

This just started today, December 7th.

I have tried to disable/enable the skill from Alexa but when attempting to authenticate on Kasa/TPlink it is unable to do so. Says "try again later".

Options
2021-12-07 20:16:45

@JJ1 

Hi Everyone,

I've got similar problems as others today, with -2- bulbs, and a smart plug. All are not responding via Alexa, but do respond to the Kasa app. 

Has anyone found the solution, or are we still waiting on Tplink for a resolution?

Mike

Options
2021-12-07 20:21:33

@JThanks everyone,

I got sick of trying and replaced my bulbs with regular ones. Seems like a big pr

JJ1 wrote

Hello. I have three HS 105 plugs right now and have never had an issue controlling them with Alexa. Starting a day or so ago, all three plugs fail to be controlled by Alexa, it just says "Sorry somethings wrong..."  for all three, says to disable, then re-enable, which I have done many times without success. It lists all three as "Skill is unreponsive" under the device plug section. Even if I delete and re-add no joy, from either the Kasa or Alexa app. The Kasa app has no problem turning them on and off. I did try the steps on the page to enable them on Alexa(which as mentioned has worked for months and months), and my wireless connections are fine, internet up, changing the remote control status in the app rediscovers on Alexa, but no good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

JJ1 wrote

Hello. I have three HS 105 plugs right now and have never had an issue controlling them with Alexa. Starting a day or so ago, all three plugs fail to be controlled by Alexa, it just says "Sorry somethings wrong..."  for all three, says to disable, then re-enable, which I have done many times without success. It lists all three as "Skill is unreponsive" under the device plug section. Even if I delete and re-add no joy, from either the Kasa or Alexa app. The Kasa app has no problem turning them on and off. I did try the steps on the page to enable them on Alexa(which as mentioned has worked for months and months), and my wireless connections are fine, internet up, changing the remote control status in the app rediscovers on Alexa, but no good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

oblem 

Options
2021-12-07 20:23:47 - last edited 2021-12-07 20:24:41

Tried doing a soft reset on one of my EP10 units by holding power button for 5 seconds, and setting up again in with the Kasa app. No luck. Still works with Kasa app, but no love from Alexa. I also reset all of my internet devices (Netgear cable modem & router, 3 Eero wifi units) but no help. I've got latest iPhone iOS and Alexa app. Somebody updated something at Amazon or TP Link/Kasa overnight and screwed things up. Hope they fix it soon.

Options
2021-12-07 20:38:18
My guess is that Amazon may have pushed out a firmware or software update to their Echo Alexa devices. They push firmware updates out in an automated fashion, while I believe we need to manually go in & update the Kasa devices. If so, this might be a lengthy issue as we prolly need to have Amazon & TPLink to get together for a solution. And we know that’s prolly not going to be an easy task.
Options
2021-12-07 21:18:36

1.  Device Model      6 of the  EP10

2.  Model Version  1.0

3.  Firmware Version  1.0.2

4.  Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app yes

5.  Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App  Have not tried

6.  Any error message you receive from Alexa     Unresponsive

All worked fine last night.  None of them will work today

Other Smart devices still work with Alexa

Options
Related Articles