KC200 Cam - How to Access Live Video from the Web (not Phone App)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC200 Cam - How to Access Live Video from the Web (not Phone App)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:KC200 Cam - How to Access Live Video from the Web (not Phone App)
2020-05-08 07:38:28

@krhome 

So I dont have internet access on the network I want to monitor these cameras on.  I have bought 4 of them.  Without local viewing and recording I cannot use the cameras.  How do I ship them back to you for a refund?

Options
2020-05-08 07:40:13
I dont have internet access on the network I want to monitor these cameras on. Without access to the video for my recording system I cant use them. How do I ship them back to you to get a refund. Or can I exchange these cameras with ones that have that functionality?
Options
2020-06-10 14:53:31

@LeonidasSpartan 

Come on people... These cams are not designed to be working like we are in 2010. It's 2020, and everything is mobile apps. If you want to access it via web, then go to Costco and buy a $500 dusty DVR system. That simple. If you don't like it, then drop it. 

Options
2020-06-10 15:12:19

@PikRoa Just because everything is mobile doesn't mean that it can't also be NOT mobile. Every decent smart home brand has a web interface along with their app (Nest, Ecobee etc.)

I want to be able to monitor my cameras on my laptop or desktop monitor and not have to have my little phone propped up on my desk to watch them. Why is that so much to ask? And if that really is too difficult, at least provide an API so we can do it ourselves.

Options
2020-06-15 17:00:19

Hi there,

I'd like to thank first the original poster for raising what to me is a very simple need for people buying a home ip camera.

I was in the process of buying the tapo C200 but I definitely won't go for it.

For me the full web access for both setup and live stream is a mandatory option. I have to be put in condition to use the hardware camera I buy from whatever device, be it a phone a smartphone or a computer just like I would with other ip cameras or even a router. The web access way is by far the most feasable and flexible one to do that on a cross-platform basis without need to download additional and unwanted software.At least it has to be left as an open option for customers.

bye

Options
2020-07-06 08:19:20

@krhome Why they do not support the RTSP protocol that the KC200 camera does not have a shame !!!
The best thing is that with a firmware update you could add these features. Year 2020 and we continue without the support and firmware update with this feature.

Options
2020-07-23 23:43:59
I'll go one beyond most of the other comments - I am not allowed to have a smartphone at work. (Seriously - security concerns) But we do have Windows-based PCs with browsers and Microsoft Store apps available. Without a browser or Win-App, the cameras are worthless. I will be returning them. Shame too - because the video is pretty damn good on the phone that I use when travelling.
Options
2020-07-26 18:11:36
We still do not understand how they do not update and support the RTSP protocol to see the cameras via PC and record on a NAS. Without a doubt they hide these protocols so that we pay for the service in the cloud.
Options
2020-07-26 18:11:40
We still do not understand how they do not update and support the RTSP protocol to see the cameras via PC and record on a NAS. Without a doubt they hide these protocols so that we pay for the service in the cloud.
Options
2020-07-27 11:20:56

I find it strange that reading through this thread, TP Link seem to be of the mindset of "take it or leave it".  In the business I work in, if we did not innovate and adapt to customer demand, we'd find ourselves lagging behind the competition.  Like others have said, reading this thread does not fill me with optimism that TP Link really care about continual improvement and instead appear to steamroll through a preset roadmap with no adaptability.

Options