3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2019-09-16 23:33:05

Yes we need 3 way dimmer switch

Options
2019-09-17 19:07:30
I am here to echo the same thing. How in the world is this not part of the line up. If buy 4 of them right now if they were a thing. It think many people are demanding it. It's a little crazy you guys are not even considering it... People have even hacked there own switches to do it... So it's not that major or a too do... Come on to link.. seriously.
Options
Re:Re:Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2019-10-10 13:39:09

@Carl 

I have tried several smart switch brands, an in my mind yours is the best. One of the PITAs of using these devices is each brand has it's own app (of varying quality)..

My preference would be to just use KASA switches, and not having the full suite will hurt you in the future. People don't want to mess with different apps ("Let's see, is this on SmartLights or SmartLife or what?") or have mismatched looking switches.

Get on it Carl enlightened.

Options
2019-10-10 16:57:05

Everyone,  We have let the R and D team know of this request.  While I cannot say if they will implement the requested device, they are well aware of the request.  Thanks and keept the requests comming in.  We are listening.

Options
2019-11-11 17:33:46 - last edited 2019-11-11 17:36:01

@Carl 

Just here to echo the others on this forum. I've been patiently waiting for TP-Link to come out with a 3 way dimmer. I have looked at the competition and noticed significant design differences and would prefer a uniform design. This more noticeable for me as these switches are in 2,3 and 4 gang switch boxes. It would be nice to have all the same design manufacture. I was hoping to have just one brand through out the house. I have replaced a combination of 34 switches with HS200, HS210 and HS220. I have been very pleased and really would like a dimmable 3-Way switch to complete all the switches in the house.

As mentioned:"TP Link - you have a huge gap in your product lineup. Even just the acknowledgement that your engineers are working on it and you anticipate a release in 6 months would be enough for me (and others probably) to wait for that."

Options
2019-12-02 17:41:20
@Carl I'm here to jump in on the bandwagon. 3-Way Dimmer switches are a deal breaker for me. I'm looking now to jump into replacing all the switches in my house. We went through a major remodel last year and ended up with a great room/kitchen suite that has 5 different zones, all with 3 way dim-able LED lighting. I love the looks of TP-Link setup and app. But without this feature, I may have to go with a different manufacturer as the wife won't stand for losing her dimmers. And like others have mentioned, having 2 apps and 2 different manufacturers in the same 4-gang box would be just dumb. I don't even need to know if there are any expected release dates, etc. If R&D can just come out and say they are working on a solution, then I would have something to go on. I'd purchase the current 3-ways now and then replace them with the dimmer model when it came out, which in effect, doubles your revenue from me... Just sayin!
Options
2019-12-22 08:34:17

I also started using kaza everywhere in my home. 

I LOVE IT! 

For the 3 way dimmer, has anyone tried installing two hs220 switches. One will be connect to the light, and one will be connected only to the power (dummy switch) and in the Kaza app define in the 'Smart actions' tab for both switches to work together?

I tried that on 2 smart switches in my home and it worked but did not tried it yet on the 3 way switch. 

Options
2019-12-26 16:49:45
Carl, Everyone is listening, but TP doesn't seem to be acting on it. Roadmap secrecy? Tp is making light switches, this isn't rocket science. It's been 9 months with no real update so I have to assume this isn't coming anytime soon. For everyone else, I've installed 1-2 Topgreener products with good results in the past. I'll be ordering a few sets of these 3-ways and will post back my results. By linking them through the alexa app I'm not as concerned about having multiple apps to work with. I already have 1-2 non-TP switches that I had been trying out in the past before settling in on a TP standard, and having those different apps hasn't been an issue. Wish someone even had a 4 way(but may be able to use a 3-way and add a slave.) Since TP seems to be unresponsive, I'll go another route. Funny, this is how Nokia lost their phone dominance from the early 2000's, refused to innovate.
Options
2019-12-31 19:26:17

@Carl I agree this will keep me from installing in new homes and my home. Very important!!!!

Carl wrote

@echo954 

No, at least not at this time.  Although product releases are always evolving and this has been requested before so there is a possiblity.  The best source of information would be KasaSmart.com.  We do however have a standard 3-way smart switch the HS210 Kit.  

Options
2020-01-04 16:12:22

@echo954 patiently waiting for a 3way dimmer aswell.  Need around a dozen, please make it happen.

Options
Related Articles