Smart Plug worked for first few days, now nothing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-20 05:15:31

I bought a tp link smart plug on Amazon because of the great ratings. I set it up and began using the Away mode to turn on and off a desk light in our main room of the house. It’s about 20 feet from the room with the AT&T modem. After a few days, the Away mode stopped working. It shows up fine on the app and I can turn on and off the light manually on the app.  All updates have been done. Tried factory reset. Still nothing each night. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Thanks! 😀

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Plug worked for first few days, now nothing
2019-05-20 23:18:36

@Bdkane721 

The away mode is very random as far as its operation. It can turn a light on or off in a couple of minutes after activating it or it can take longer then 45 minutes for it to finally do something.

Your best bet would be to use the schedule if you feel the away mode is not doing anything at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 1