KP400 not adding to Kasa app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-18 21:14:42 - last edited 2019-10-14 01:31:32
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

When pairing my smart plug with the app, it will not connect to my WiFi. Fails every time. I use a deco m9 as my router. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:KP400 not adding to Kasa app. -Solution
2019-07-19 17:05:04 - last edited 2019-10-24 16:57:30

Thanks for the reply! I tired everything possible but it still wouldn’t work. I reached out to tp link support and a tech told me to try turning off fast roaming under advanced settings in the deco app. I turned it off and it works!!

Update: 10/24/19

Tp link released a firmware update today for the Deco m9. It allows you to turn mesh technology on and off for each device. I have re enabled fast roaming and turned the mesh technology off for all of my plugs and there seems to be no problems so far. Everything is working! If any problems come up, I will update this post. 👌🏻

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:KP400 not adding to Kasa app.
2019-07-18 23:50:29

@BrandonH 

Press and hold any of the control buttons on the smart plug for 10 seconds while it is plugged in to factory reset it. Once that is done, try and add the smart plug to Kasa. 

Other things to check is that the WiFi password is being entered correctly by deleting what is saved in the Kasa app and entering it again. You could also check in the Deco app for the password or forget the wirelss network on your phone and connect again to verify it is correct.

Options
Re:Re:KP400 not adding to Kasa app. -Solution
2019-07-19 17:05:04 - last edited 2019-10-24 16:57:30

Thanks for the reply! I tired everything possible but it still wouldn’t work. I reached out to tp link support and a tech told me to try turning off fast roaming under advanced settings in the deco app. I turned it off and it works!!

Update: 10/24/19

Tp link released a firmware update today for the Deco m9. It allows you to turn mesh technology on and off for each device. I have re enabled fast roaming and turned the mesh technology off for all of my plugs and there seems to be no problems so far. Everything is working! If any problems come up, I will update this post. 👌🏻

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:KP400 not adding to Kasa app.
2019-10-14 01:16:53

@BrandonH 

without this solution this thing was a countdown from going into the box of oh crap they are going down hill on the quality process whirlpool at TP-Link.  Can I turn on fast roaming after setup.  The suspense grows as he starts the experimentation phase.

Options
Re:Re:KP400 not adding to Kasa app.
2019-10-14 01:25:41

@Fratoe I was unable to turn it back on. Every time I did, it lost connection with the plug... haven't tried recently though. It's worth a shot once you get it connected. I'll try it soon and see how it works and post an update. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5336

Replies: 4