Google is stating “Living room light is not responding”

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-19 03:34:26
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have never had this happen with google. Google won’t work with any of my HS 100 plugs. I know the plugs works cause I can turn them on from the Kasa app. So I’m wondering if there’s a problem with Google and Kasa.  This is very frustrating. I purchased and set this up to make things easier for my parents and needless to say they are frustrated. Is there anyone who can tell me how to fix It?  By the way I have already tried resetting the plug. I have deleted it and readded it back on but it still won’t turn on through google. I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions??? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

”Cant’t reach living room light” this is exactly what Google is telling me when I ask it to turn on the light.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Google is stating “Living room light is not responding”
2019-07-19 17:34:38

@rntlcstat 

If Alexa/Google tells you the devices don't respond the next place would be Kasa which seems like they do function. Turn off your Wi-Fi and see if the plug still work to make sure remote control is functioning, that is what Alexa/Google use or require to be working. 

If that still works, then re-enable the extention in your Google Home or in other words reauthorize Kasa on the Google Home to see if it is able to find the device(s).

In the end if Google still fails to see the device, get a hold of their support. It has happened before where devices stopped responding even though everything checks out on the Kasa end.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2576

Replies: 1