KC110: How can I reduce the dozens of false audio alerts when it's already on Low Sensitivity?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC110: How can I reduce the dozens of false audio alerts when it's already on Low Sensitivity?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-27 15:19:33
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.28

This forum's drop downs do not allow me to enter the correct model, KC110, or Hardware 1.0

I get dozens of false audio alerts each night, even though I live in a quiet suburbnd the house is silent. I have turned on the camera and sat in silence and watched it trigger for no reason, constantly. Sensitivity is already set to LOW. Any ideas?

Next, WHY did whoever wrote this software make it so that when the camera is moved, either manually or via patrol, it blocks sending a noise alert generated from its own motor? Stupid design.

Lastly, due to the tsunami of false alerts, why isn't there a bulk delete, or check all arrangement in the activity list, so I can delete all of the clips of perfectly still silence the false alerts generated, in bulk?

Options
3 Reply
Re:KC110: How can I reduce the dozens of false audio alerts when it's already on Low Sensitivity?
2019-07-30 16:59:48

@ReddyKilowatt 

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding triggering the sound, the mic may be getting feedback and the threshold set may be to where it is picking it up (just assuming). You could possible try to move the camera to a different area to see if it may be the environment.

The feedback about the motor will be forwarded to our devs.

Currently there is no bulk delete option in the Kasa app.

Options
Re:Re:KC110: How can I reduce the dozens of false audio alerts when it's already on Low Sensitivity?
2019-07-30 17:08:56

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the constant false sound alerts occur pretty much anywhere that I can place the camera that monitors my entrances. Via an update there needs to be an even lower mic sensitivity for the LOW SENSITIVITY setting. I posted this query on Amazon, and people are replying that they have had to turn the audio alerts off entirely because of this, which defeats a large portion why someone would own this and drives them to competitor products.

To clarify, because I expressed it poorly, the camera software needs to prevent an audio alert when the camera's motor is engaged, either due to manual (app/joystick) or via patrol movements. Currently, the camera generates its own alerts by moving.

There definitely needs to be a check all / bulk delete function so that storage is not wasted on false alarm clips. It's tedious to delete them one by one, after reviewing them.

Let me also add that in the Kasa app, there should be a way to enable the camera when your "Goodnight Scene" is enabled or the lights time out for the evening. Also, you should be able to choose to automatically turn off the camera at sunrise, should you want to.

Options
Re:KC110: How can I reduce the dozens of false audio alerts when it's already on Low Sensitivity?
2019-12-18 20:50:15

@Tony Thanks for replying although your answer is absurd as I can move the camera away from itself. Even if I turn off Patrol, I still get dozens of false alerts when it's set on LOW SENSITIVITY. If I have patrol turned on, it's the sound of the camera's own motor that generated hundreds of false alerts every day-when set to LOW SENSITIVITY. I cannot moe the camera away from its motor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1442

Replies: 3