bulbs no longer connected after power goes out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-24 14:42:18

I don't know the hardwear version,  tp-link smart wifi A-19 2700-6500K and Kasa smart 3 pck KL110P3. My powere was out for over 4 hours they were on when I got home, now they aren't connected to Alexa and I have done a soft and hart reset and NADA.  Help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:bulbs no longer connected after power goes out
2019-08-26 19:37:00

@AliceFayeNC 

Check your Kasa app to see if the camera are recognized there and showing online. Another setting to check is that as you select each bulb in Kasa, go to the device settings, and see if you have an option for "Remote Control". If you do not see one, that is fine it means it is enabled and working.

Next, open Alexa and go into your home skills, disable the Kasa skill, and re-enable it.

Options
Re:bulbs no longer connected after power goes out
2021-08-31 21:08:15

@Tony, @AliceFayeNC  This is a common problem with these bulbs - check Amazon, you will see multiple complaints about network disconnects. Mine will not remain connected if they are turned off via the app or Alexa, but reconnect as soon as I power them up manually (cycle power off-on) and can then be turned off by Alexa.

Check your firmware version - mine are 1.0.5. I understand there is a later version 1.0.6 which is currently in beta and which solves this problem. Hopefully it will be released soon!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3348

Replies: 2