Power State after power outage?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-25 12:50:24 - last edited 2022-04-15 10:50:08
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

What is the power state of a smart plug after a power outage? Does it remember if it was on or off and stay in that state (like a computer BIOS has the power option for Last State whether it should be turned back on or stay off)? I'd like to plug some devices in that need to stay on all the time, like a freezer, but I am using the smart plug to monitor the device with the Sense power monitor. I don't want to be away and have the power go out and the smart plug revert to the off position when the power comes back on.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Power State after power outage?
2019-08-25 12:53:38

I did a search before creating this post with no results, but after posting this, a few posts popped up in the related menu. This answers my question:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/92148

Unless anyone has anything to add on the newer KS-100 (HS-105 was renamed to KS-100 to match the new Kasa app)

Options
2019-08-26 21:40:38

@AJR 

Nothing to add, the post you referenced answers it.

Options
2020-01-23 04:25:23

@AJR 

If you want a device to stay on ALL the time, like a freezer, .......WHY plug it into a switch?

Options
2020-02-11 16:41:18

@AJR 

We live in an area where there are several brief power outages each year. After every power failure most of my TP-Link devices go to "Local only", but over the course of a few  inured, hours and days, most come back on line. but this isn't good enough. 
The easiest ones to "fix" are the plugs - simply remove and plug them back in. They reset. 
The ones that cause the most problem (no reset after 48 hours) are two HS200 switches. We installed these switches because we have some art work that cover many of the light switches in the house. The "fix" seems to be to manually reset the switch by pressing the button, under the switch, on the lower right. The switch shows an orange light, then resets after a short few minutes. 
I have no idea why this works, but it does. The key seems to be to reset the device manually. Unfortunately this is not an ideal solution but it works. The same logic should also apply to other devices such as bulbs and wall sockets. Either wait, disconnect from power (remove bulbs etc) or press reset button. 

Options
2020-05-05 18:50:58

@AJR It is always ON, not a good thing.

Robert D. Weaver Heyburn, ID 83336-7674 (208) 731-6760 bob@mail5.us
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 12936

Replies: 5

Related Articles