Two smart phones one smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-20 04:15:01
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the outdoor smart plug. Can this be linked to two different smart phones? So myself and my wife can both be connected to one plug and control patio lights separately? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Two smart phones one smart plug
2019-09-20 14:37:23

@Majenny21 

install the KASA app on her phone, login with the same email and password you used to setup the smart plug.

Options
2019-09-20 15:13:47

@B.Will  thank you for response. I did download the app, but it is asking me to add a device. When I pick the smart plug and hit search it doesn’t pick up the plug. 

Options
2019-09-20 15:26:43 - last edited 2019-09-20 15:28:16

@Majenny21 

What @B.Will said was correct, when you log in with the same credential on the second phone the plug will auto populate in the devices menu. You do not need to add the plug again once it is linked to a TP-Link ID account.

You can not use different email addresses. Go into the phone that has the smart plug added, tap on the top left menu icon. What ever email shows up there is the same one that needs to be used on the second phone.

So after you open the app on the second phone, you are just going to log into your Kasa account. Tap on the top left icon, and you should see the login there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 3

Related Articles