What happened to my Question?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-26 22:12:11 - last edited 2019-10-28 17:57:29
Model: LB100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Gee, it seems that this forum is about as functional as the hardware/software.

About three weeks ago, I posted a question (about shared access to devices from different logins.  I went back to have a look at that post, and it's there but I can't access it. 

I log in to this forum, click on my name in the top right. I get a screen saying that I have 5 posts. I click on "My posts", and it says there are none. I click on My subscriptions, and I see the post that I made (or at least a point to it) - I click on that and it says that it cant be found.  The post was titled "How do we share some." and it points to a URL ending in /172556     - I have tried scrolling back through all of the posts particularly for the right time frame - nothing, nada., zip, zilch...

WTF? It looks like your Forum SW is broken.

Back to the original problem - I have a HS110 switching my 3D Printer - I don't want my wife to be able to switch it on or off, so it was linked to my login on my Iphone. The lights and wall plugs (HS100/LB100) that I had set up under my wife's login work fine for her. I try logging in to her account on my Iphone, and I get a message on my iphone screen "Operation Failed. Please try again later". I have power cycled every thing, double checked her password (it's coming from a shared 1password vault, but I tried doing it manually). Nothing.

Call me cynical - I am an old Software Engineer - I have written Operating System internals code. Surely, you have designed in a "debug flag" that turns on something more informative that "Operation failed". Surely if you are validating logins, you have server logs that tell you when and why an "Operation failed". Heaven forbid that you might actually consider error messages more detailed and specific that "Operation failed".

Options
1 Reply
Re:What happened to my Question?
2019-10-28 17:57:22

@MisterQ 

Our forums work fine, it's just that you are here on the US region forums. 

You need to go to the global forums where your post is: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172556

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 1