LED Light Strip (KL430) Missing Features in Kasa App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-27 21:51:12
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

The Kasa app does not have the options to configure the 16 color zones or create custom effects.  The image on the back of the package show options for these customization options that do not exist in the actual app.  Is this going to be resolved soon with an update to the app?

Options
8 Reply
Re:LED Light Strip (KL430) Missing Features in Kasa App
2019-10-28 22:28:25

@thomascl 

The top color scale was replaced with the selectable presets, and the custom effects will be added later in a update. There is not a timeframe yet when that would be.

Options
2019-10-28 22:39:16

@Tony 

It's a significant feature highlighted in all the marketing and packaging, to ship without it with no ETA on availability is a huge miss. I'm probably going to return it until it actually works as advertised. 

Options
2019-10-31 02:25:41

@Tony I've been trying to add to animated presets to my selected presets to no avail. Looks like I can't. I could add the static colors, but not the animations.  In routines this is the only way I can get/set these animated/preconfiged scenes/animations .... otherwise its just a dead color .... I sure hope the ability to access the animated presets ability comes soon.

Options
2019-11-04 23:15:40

@MarkPe 

You are correct in that you are not able to set the animations to the presets. I can forward that as a feature request, but so far what will be released is the custom effects.

Options
2019-11-20 23:02:54

@Tony since I'm no longer able to schedule custom brightnesses and color temperatures like I used to, I will need to replace my tp link products immediately with those by competitors.  This was a product-killing decision on the developers' part.

Options
2019-12-30 05:00:27

@Tony 

What? Your manual shows a screen shot of a section in the Kasa app labeled as "CUSTOMIZED EFFECTS" (https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201910/20191025/1910012680_KL430&KL430E_UG_V1.pdf) on page 6, and now you are saying it is not available and has been entered as a request?

Also, why does the marketing talk about 16 zones but you cannot do anything to control them? Page 2 of the manual mentions 16 color zones to choose from. What are the zones exactly? Based on that text and in the marketing, and your images that show a strip with yellow, blue, and purple it leads one to believe they can control differenent sections of the strip indvidually (zones). 

How can you not see this is so dissapointing? It's FALSE adverstising, what's going on?

Options
2020-01-19 16:32:19

@Tony Is there an ETA on the customizable effects yet? That is the only reason we bought these, because we liked that feature and enjoy the app with the other Kasa Tp-Link devices we have. It's advertised on the box, so I feel I shouldn't have paid full price for a product missing features. 

Options
2020-01-20 16:24:40

The customized effects are being finalized and we hope to release it soon. There is no time table, but that will be out for sure.

The 16 color zones is directly releated to the lighting effects so the assumption that you can set each zone to a specific color is incorrect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2039

Replies: 8