How robust is the schedule for a smart light bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-05 23:09:04

I used the app on my phone to set up a schedule for a smart light bulb. It works find, but I have some questions about how this would work if there were problems.

• If the light bulb loses network connectivity, would it still follow the schedule?
  • If the phone that I used to create the schedule was offline, would the bulb still follow the schedule?
  • If the phone is in a different time zone will this affect the schedule?
Options
2 Reply
Re:How robust is the schedule for a smart light bulb
2019-11-06 19:49:48

@DSquared2 

• If the light bulb loses network connectivity, would it still follow the schedule?

Yes, schedules are saved in the device itself so those will still be performed.

• If the phone that I used to create the schedule was offline, would the bulb still follow the schedule?

Yes

• If the phone is in a different time zone will this affect the schedule?

Once you set up the device the time zone will go into effect. When you move to a different time zone that will not affect the device as the original time zone is saved. You would need to go into your Kasa settings, and manually sync the time which you would normally not need to do.

Options
Re:How robust is the schedule for a smart light bulb
2019-11-06 22:21:33

@Tony Thank you! I am happy to hear that the bulb will continue to function as intended under these circumstances. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 2