Linksys Velop Mesh - HS105 plugs not staying connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Linksys Velop Mesh - HS105 plugs not staying connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Linksys Velop Mesh - HS105 plugs not staying connected
2019-11-20 23:25:54

@KLH3468 A workaround that I found, is to put the Velop into bridge mode, the switches and plugs all work fine now...it's been over week since I did this..you do however lose some of the features of the Velop (speed test, device list etc)

Options
2019-11-21 03:01:58

what I don't understand is that all the plugs/ switches worked for a month so something had to of changed.  an update maybe?  Everything else connected the the Velop in my house still works. 
Does anyone from TP Link actually monitor these chats?  Can we get some support?  I have now wasted countless hours trying to fix this. 

Options
2019-11-21 03:37:14

@Mysweetshelby I feel your frustration...I first started using these switches/plugs over a year ago without any issues until now, so it probably is the result of a software update either by Tp-link or Linksys. I have a feeling that each will blame the other for the problem. Changing your Velop over to Bridge Mode is a really simple procedure...it's covered extensively online and so far - touch wood - it's been working fine.

As an aside,. Shelby was the name of my first Flatcoated Retriever, and she was the sweetest pup...she passed away ten years this Nov.11th and...yeah...I still miss her

Options
2019-11-21 12:33:07

@BruceH YesI have had them over a year now and they always worked.  But we just recently switched to the Velop wifi.  Thanks I will try the bridge for now.

Sweet Shelby Mustang was the name of my first labrador retriever.  She passed away about 9 year ago now.  She was also the sweetest dog.  :) We just got a new one about 2 months ago and her name is Daisy.

Options
2019-11-21 16:24:38 - last edited 2019-11-21 16:25:15

For those having issues please try the suggestion I provided of the guest network, if other users have alternatives please mention those.

What happened is Linksys did a recent update affecting the smart devices, not only our brand but LEFX devices too.

Here is a thread of others users talking about it: Link

Seems like some have reverted the firmware on the Linksys systems to get things back to normal.

Options
2019-11-22 16:02:12

@Tony Thanks for the info about theLinksys software update causing the problem.  Assuming that you have your system configured using the guest network for the Tp-Link switches/plugs can you tell me how long you have had this configuration and have there been any hiccups along the way (ie switches disconnecting). 

Cheers

Bruce

Options
2019-11-22 21:07:22

@BruceH 

I am afraid we do not have a Linksys mesh system. @KLH3468 mentioned configuring the guest network and it has been working so far. Might be worth looking into.

Options
2019-12-06 17:11:52

I am having the same issue with TP-Link devices and Linksys Velop. I really don't care if it is a problem with TP-Link or Linksys. Both companies need to test and validate. In my personal opinion, if you are going to build a IoT device, you should make sure that it works with the device you are connecting to. I have smart switches on ecery wall and smart plugs were needed. I had a similar issue with an Emerson Thermostat and the Xfinity WiFi. They told me that the thermostat was not compatible with Xfinity WiFi. If the IoT market can not work with the most popular WiFi antenna's, do not build and sell a product. All you are doing is stealing money cause you are selling garbage.

@KLH3468, did the Guest Network thing work?

Options
2019-12-06 17:16:51

@TTeddy Update to all-- After checking the other thread mentioned in here a couple weeks ago, I manualled downgraded my firmware on all 3 nodes tot he previous version. All KASA switches have been working fine now. You have to turn off "auto update", or it will just re-load later on you.

Options
2019-12-06 17:22:30

@Kodi What version of Firmware are you using?

Options
Related Articles