Smart Outlet & Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Outlet & Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Outlet & Plug
Smart Outlet & Plug
2019-12-27 01:18:47

Purchased the girlfriend a smart outlet for christmas, installed it today, it took me forever to instal, but got everything up and running, Went to sync it to my current account, once it connected to my phone it gets to the point where i have to choose my wifi, my wifi network would only pop up after multiple refreshes, (I already have a plug connected to the network, MUCH further away) first time, the plug connected and then loss connection after a few seconds, had to reset the outlet, now it wont connect at all, the app cannot find my wifi network OR i cant enter it mannually, if it does connect, it spinns then loses connection and i get the error.  Im like cool, in the meantime ill use an extra smart plug until i can figure it out, nope none of my extra smart plugs work either, same issue.  Feel like ive tried everything.... If its a wider issue that will be fixed then cool, if not anyone have any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Outlet & Plug
2019-12-31 19:01:14

@efreda 

First make sure the Kasa app is updated.  Next Try changing your network SSID name.  We have seen some issues with Linksys Velop Mesh routers where a recent firmware on those devices caused a similar issue.  Turning on Guest network or downgrading the Velop's firmware resolved that issue.  You can also try that,  put your Kasa smart plugs on your 2.4GHz guest network.  If that does not work let us know, but since it is happening all plugs it seems to be more of an issue with the router our the SSID and not the products themselves. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1

Related Articles