KC120 constant sound

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC120 constant sound

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KC120 constant sound
KC120 constant sound
2020-01-04 21:10:22

I just got KC120 as first indoor camera & its been couple of hours to set up and test. & ran into following issue

1) Watchin live footage, I hear constant sound like pouring sugar or samll bid in jar. 

2) most of clip when try to play  ( on androind phone in KASA app) it display error message  as  "Clip Unavliable -somethign went wrong while uploading form cam..."

3) Frequenlty freeze  footage while watching live

4) Not able to view footage  from google hub screen ( both linked to same wifi netwrok)

I tried follwoing stesp but no luck.

1) reset camera  by click  on reset button back side of camera and again connect

2) using app delete device from camera and connect again 

3) Change WIFI netwroks 2.4 ghz or 5ghz

Hardware version is 1 and firmware version is 2.2.31

File:
KC120_kidcam_01042020_soundissue.mp4Download
Options
1 Reply
Re:KC120 constant sound
2020-01-07 21:52:44

@uhs6 

1. Remove the back cap as the sound can bounce inside causing some weird sounds.

2 & 3. Go into the camera settings and look at the signal strength (Camera Settings > Device Info > Tap Network Name). A good signal strength is not higher then -70 dBM. 

4. Re-link the TP-Link service, also check that you are able to access the camera remotely as Google relies on remote connection working

When doing a factory reset on the camera, hold the reset for 20 seconds. If it is held until the LED changes, that will just reset the network settings rather then the whole device itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 1