Kasa app on iPhone & iPad often not responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-10 23:41:58 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:54:11
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.10 build 20190620 rel 45372

I have several Smart Plugs and Smart Switches (2 way, 3 way & Dimmers).  I recently installed a Deco M3 mesh system.  Since then the Kasa App on my iPhones & iPads often lose connection with a Smart plug or switch.  After clicking the on/off icon it just spins for a minute or 2 then stops - the plug/switch doesn't change.  This may last for an while and then start working.  Sometimes I have to delete the device and then re-install in the app.  Weird thing is that Alexa can still control the device and often the widget works.

I have upgraded firmaware - deleted and reinstalled the app.  Contacted support and given less than satisfactory answers 'reinstall or no-one else has this problem'.

I think that it has to do with the Deco mesh network - it only started to happen after the Deco got installed

Any suggestions would be helpful

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa app on iPhone & iPad often not responding
2020-01-14 18:39:31 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:54:11

@ArnieO 

You could possibly try disabling free roaming in the Deco app. Another thing to test/try is to enable the guest network, name it different from the main, disable the 5Ghz, and connect all the devices to the 2.4Ghz to see if that helps.

Options
Re:Kasa app on iPhone & iPad often not responding
2020-01-14 21:45:41 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:54:11

@Tony 

I do not have a setting for free roaming, only fast roaming which is disabled. I will give your idea about guest network a try and let you know. I assume that only the Kasa devices should be migrated to the guest network. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2013

Replies: 2