KC100 not recording any motion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-31 12:50:18
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

I recently purchased a Kasa Spot KC100 camera that I'm having issues with. It will not record any videos but I can livestream without any problems. I tried to follow the steps in the stickied thread (https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/kb/detail/291) but when I go to Device Settings, Privacy and Sensitivity, and scroll down to Privacy, the 3 options listed below each have a lock icon next to them and I cannot select anything. If I try to select an option, I'm brought to another screen that just states "Upgrade your Kasa Care subscription and enjoy additional storage and features". Is the Kasa app not compatible with this camera? Or perhaps my phone (Samsung galaxy S8) cannot properly support the Kasa app?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC100 not recording any motion
2020-01-31 19:20:57

@DustinK1310 

Go into the Kasa menu on the top left, select settings > firmware upgrade, see if there is a new one available for the KC100.

Once that is done, go back to the same Kasa menu, and select Kasa Care, the KC100 should be showing "Spot Plan".

Options
Re:KC100 not recording any motion
2020-02-03 15:55:05

@Tony The issue seems to be resolved. I tried to check the live stream while I was away from home and after trying to connect for a few minutes, my device was completely removed from the app. When I was home, I had to reset the camera again to get it to reconnect but this time everything appears to be working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1438

Replies: 2

Related Articles