Device Doesn't Pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device Doesn't Pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device Doesn't Pair
Device Doesn't Pair
2020-02-04 16:01:39 - last edited 2020-02-04 16:06:13
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Echo Dot that seems to be working correctly on its own.  And I have a HS105 Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini but I am not sure of the version.  It is marked US/2.0 after the serial number maybe that is the version.  That is a little different from the illustrations on the web.  I need to get the Echo Dot to control the Plug but I haven't been able to connect them.  I can control the smart plug from my cell phone but the Echo Dot does not seem to connect to the smart plug at all.

Any suggestions on how to try to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

BillW

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device Doesn't Pair
2020-02-04 17:23:32

@BillW 

If you can control the smart plug on the Kasa app, then what needs to be done now is you need the Kasa skill enabled in Alexa.

Here is a guide that will show you how: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/944/

When you enable the Kasa skill you will use the same email and password (Step 3) you used to set up your TP-Link ID.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 368

Replies: 1

Related Articles