Wi-Fi plug mini not working with dimmable lamp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 05:08:11
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.8

Love Kasa smart plugs.  I have several.  I put a 3 way dimmable floor lamp on a Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini.  I can use to turn the lamp off but it will not turn it on.  Is that because the lamp is a 3 way lamp?  I have never had an issue with any of my other smart plugs and not sure what to try to fix the issue.  Thanks for any help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi plug mini not working with dimmable lamp
2020-03-27 15:43:57

@JeanC 

The smart plug pretty much cuts the power off to what ever is connected and gives power back. May seem like a odd test but if you were to have you lamp on, and litterally unplug it from the wall, then plug it back does it stay off? That is pretty much simulating what the smart plug does.

Options
Re:Wi-Fi plug mini not working with dimmable lamp
2020-03-27 20:55:22

@Tony I understand what they do. I have several of them already. When I turn on with Alexa the smart plug makes a click noise but lamp does not come on. I turn lamp on by hand and ask Alexa to turn off and it turns off. As far as your test, yes it stays off. I think it has to do with the lamp being 3 way dimmable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1014

Replies: 2