Kasa Cam KC120 doesn't recognize WiFi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 20:45:20 - last edited 2020-04-21 15:38:43

I'm trying to setup my Kasa Kam KC120. I get to the step where I select which WiFi network to use and enter the password, but I can't get past that step. The KASA app says, "connecting camera to your home network". The LED on the camera is blinking green. Looking at my WiFi, I can see that the camera is indeed connected and has a strong connection at that >100Mpbs, but the Kasa app doesn't seem to recognize the connection.

I've done a factory reset on the camera a dozen times and cleared the storage of the KASA app multiple times as well. Any other ideas appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa Cam KC120 doesn't recognize WiFi connection-Solution
2020-04-21 15:38:36 - last edited 2020-04-21 15:38:43

For any others with the same problem, here's what worked (instructions from customer support).

1) on your phone go to wifi settings or settings> wifi then forget the network for your home wifi

2) once your home wifi is forgoten, restart your phone, turn off and on your phone

3) once done connect your phone to your home wifi and it should ask you to type your password again

4) once you are able to connect back to your home network/wifi, reboot the router turn off and on the router

5) once router is back on wait about 2 minutes

6) Delete or remove the device from the kasa app device list (if it's there)

7) Reset the device (Note: You need to remove the magnetichousing to see the RESET button). then use a pen or a paperclip then Press and hold for over 15 seconds to Reset to Factory mode

8) Set up the camera

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Cam KC120 doesn't recognize WiFi connection
2020-04-21 15:02:57

@Bob-123 

When you do a factory reset, hold the reset for 20 seconds. If reset is only held for less then 10 seconds then only the Wi-Fi settings are reset, not the actual camera.

Verify that the wireless password being used is correct, I would recommend going into your phones settings, then WiFi. Forget the wireless network that you are trying to connect the smart device to, and then reconnect. When the phone asks for the wireless password, use the same password that you tried in Kasa.

One other thing to look for is when you are at the screen where you join the device to the network. The wireless network name should be the one you normally connect to in order to get internet. If not, there should be a link below where you can change the network.

Options
Re:Kasa Cam KC120 doesn't recognize WiFi connection-Solution
2020-04-21 15:38:36 - last edited 2020-04-21 15:38:43

For any others with the same problem, here's what worked (instructions from customer support).

1) on your phone go to wifi settings or settings> wifi then forget the network for your home wifi

2) once your home wifi is forgoten, restart your phone, turn off and on your phone

3) once done connect your phone to your home wifi and it should ask you to type your password again

4) once you are able to connect back to your home network/wifi, reboot the router turn off and on the router

5) once router is back on wait about 2 minutes

6) Delete or remove the device from the kasa app device list (if it's there)

7) Reset the device (Note: You need to remove the magnetichousing to see the RESET button). then use a pen or a paperclip then Press and hold for over 15 seconds to Reset to Factory mode

8) Set up the camera

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10689

Replies: 2