Kasa LB230 bulbs constantly lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-06 16:18:56
Model: LB230  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

My smart bulbs drop connection and disappear from the app at least once a week now. My wife hates the flashing the bulbs do when you turn them on when not in the app. Is there a fix for these bulbs or is is time to move on to something else? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa LB230 bulbs constantly lose connection
2020-05-06 20:49:57

@Danzigman 

Are the bulbs being turned off from the physical switch they are controlled from?

Options
2020-05-12 18:11:14

@Tony 

A physical light swith. These bulds can be controled from 3 switches in the hallway.  For whatever reason i am only having issues with the LB230 bulbs, my standard size bulbs never have an issue. I set them up originally and never had to set them up again.

Options
2020-05-13 22:39:24

@Danzigman 

With our smart bulbs you do not want to physically switch them off, rather use the app to turn them off. If you physically switch off the bulb then that will effectively power them down so they will no longer be visible in the app. Even though the bulb is turned "off" in the app they are still on but in a very low power state so the physical switch needs to remain on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1296

Replies: 3