LED Lightstrip Cable In-Wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-06 17:55:11

Does anyone know if the wire on the KL430 from the controller to the light strip is rated for in-wall installation?  I can't seem to find anything on it, which leads me to believe it's probably not. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:LED Lightstrip Cable In-Wall
2020-05-06 19:11:04 - last edited 2020-05-06 19:12:40

@Steve_______ 

Because it is low voltage, it should be OK as long as you do not put it in the same box with house wiring.

Options
2020-05-06 22:04:34

@B.Will  I know, I'm pretty sure that it should be ok, but I could be selling my house in a few years.  I just want to make sure that it would pass an inspection, and want to do it the right way before putting tile on the wall.  I did just find AWG style 2464 25AWG 80C 300V VW-1 FT1 on the cable, but I don't know if that can be translated into class 2.

The other options I can think of would be cutting the cable and using cat5e or speaker wire I have laying around which are both rated for in-wall, but I'd really rather not cut any cables unless necessary.  It's in a kitchen, the plug is in a cabinet under the countertop, and the lights are going on a floating shelf above the counter where installing an electrical outlet wasn't an option.

Options
2020-05-11 15:29:29

@Steve_______ 

I thought it might be ok as well, but I found these sections in the manual: 

So if there are any regulations that need to be met I probably would not do it.

Options
2020-05-18 03:12:22

@Tony I just found that too and came here to post it

Options
2021-05-30 04:39:48
I put it in a cabinet, just as long as it’s not likely to get hit by something that will damage the sheathing it’ll be fine. I’m pretty sure that note is a cya for Kasa so they don’t get sued for someone being stupid. But really it shouldn’t be a problem and I doubt any inspector would even notice.
Options
2021-06-09 06:14:49

If after setting up the light strip the same section does not light up at all there may be an issue with it. I would reach out to our support team at that point.

How to break generational curse

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 6